Starts: 9:30 a.m. Thursday 5 December, 2019
Ends: 4:30 p.m. Friday 6 December, 2019
The 'Digital Technologies for High School' (DT4HS | Pou Rarama) workshop is for secondary teachers beginning their journey with the new Digital Technologies and Hangarau Matihiko curriculum content. You will develop your understanding through practical, hands-on, fun activities to engage your students.
- This event is intended for secondary teachers who have little experience with the new DT curriculum content. It is open to any teachers, whether or not you are a specialist DT teacher.
- Through hands-on learning you will be exposed to activities that will be applicable both to specialist NCEA Achievement Standards in Digital Technologies (DT), and also cross curricula opportunities for delivering content in junior and senior high school.
- Through this workshop you will engage with step ups in teaching and learning to support good programmes based on creativity and innovation to grow your students to be the makers of new technologies for the future.
- As well as practical ideas for classroom use, you will explore pathways that students can follow, and why is this important for New Zealand’s future by hearing from students and industry professionals.
- You will come away with resources that are easy to access and give a high level of engagement.
- Both Computational Thinking for DT (CTDT) and Designing and Developing Digital Outcomes (DDDO) technological areas will be covered.
- These are hands on, practical workshops, where you leave with ideas to start teaching immediately.
- This event is completely free, and lunch will be provided.
Day 1 - Starts at 9:30am and finishes at 4:30pm Day 2 - Starts at 9:00am and finishes at 4:30pm
Click HERE for information around travel subsidies.
Thursday 5 December, 2019
until 4:30 p.m.
Friday 6 December, 2019
until 4:30 p.m.